Protecting Your Privacy
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Your SimplyListed account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- When you enter sensitive information SimplyListed encrypts that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). SimplyListed follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once SimplyListed receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while SimplyListed strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, SimplyListed cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on SimplyListed's website, you can email SimplyListed at .
- SimplyListed does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- Your first name and last initial, username, user ID or alias is displayed throughout SimplyListed (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of your SimplyListed activity. Other people can see your items for sale, feedback, ratings and associated comments.
Data We Collect
- SimplyListed collects personal information when you register to use SimplyListed services or post content on SimplyListed. At registration you are asked for your first name, last name, email address, and to provide a password.
- If you would like to sell on SimplyListed, SimplyListed will ask for your phone number, and may ask for your billing address and credit card information.
- We may collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for tele-robotic verification.
- When you list an item for sale on SimplyListed using our mobile applications, we record images that you upload to us, their associated metadata, and the location where the item was posted. Your location data is only used to figure out the approximate neighborhood and city in which to post your item for sale, or anonymously and in aggregate for us to understand usage patterns. Your specific address or location will never be shared with any other users of SimplyListed unless you explicitly send another user this information.
- When you list an item for sale on SimplyListed, the images you take and the descriptions you provide may be sent to servers operated by third parties or shown to individuals being paid by SimplyListed for the purposes of identifying the items you are selling. No personally identifiable information is sent along with these images and descriptions.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our forums, or in the description of an item you are selling, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on SimplyListed that you expect to keep private.
- SimplyListed automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- Through the use of our mobile applications, SimplyListed automatically receives and records usage information and stores this information on servers operated by Mixpanel Inc. This data includes the model of any mobile device used to access the service, the version number of the software on your mobile device, and your devices unique identifier (if applicable). This data is only used in the aggregate.
- SimplyListed uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provisioning, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting. IP addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page, or each time your mobile device makes a request to the SimplyListed API. Your IP address may be stored in SimplyListed's user registration databases when you register with SimplyListed. IP addresses may be used for various research purposes.
- All postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with SimplyListed including google.com, bing.com, and others archive or otherwise make available SimplyListed postings.
SimplyListed will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for SimplyListed's services. Receipt of this email is required before you can buy or sell any items via SimplyListed. SimplyListed will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account by emailing from the email address you signed up with.
SimplyListed may periodically email you with administrative messages. Your information may be combined with information SimplyListed collects from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive administrative messages or participate in these programs, simply opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SimplyListed will from time to time send email newsletters to its users. To opt-out, you may unsubscribe at anytime by following the instructions contained in the email.
If you no longer wish to receive administrative messages, you may opt-out by emailing . Please note that if you do not wish to receive administrative messages from us, those notices will still govern your use of the SimplyListed website and service, and you are responsible for reviewing such notices for changes.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use SimplyListed products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of the SimplyListed service. SimplyListed uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: Access your information when you “sign in”; keep track of preferences you specify while you are using SimplyListed's services; display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on SimplyListed; estimate and report SimplyListed's total audience size and traffic; conduct research to improve SimplyListed's content and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
When you post a message or item for sale, your first name and last initial, username or alias is visible to other users. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. SimplyListed may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the SimplyListed Terms of Service. SimplyListed may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties if it believes it is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, SimplyListed may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name. SimplyListed may share aggregated demographic information with business partners.
When buying or selling items on SimplyListed, you may obtain another user's email address, shipping address and/or other information. Pursuant to SimplyListed's Terms of Service, you may only use this information in connection with and for the duration of the transaction in which you are engaged with the other user. This information should only be used for SimplyListed-related communications or for SimplyListed-facilitated transactions. SimplyListed has not granted you a license to use the information for unsolicited commercial messages. Without limiting the foregoing, without express consent from the user, you are not licensed to add any SimplyListed user to your email or physical mail list.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and SimplyListed's ability to keep the community free from bad actors, SimplyListed will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, legal process, or substantially similar legal procedure, except when SimplyListed believes in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect SimplyListed's rights, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
You can change your SimplyListed Account Information (except your username), at any time. SimplyListed may send you certain communications relating to the SimplyListed service, such as service-related announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your SimplyListed account. You can delete your SimplyListed account by emailing email@example.com. Please note that your information may remain in SimplyListed's records for some period.
SimplyListed limits access to personal information about you to employees who SimplyListed believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Your SimplyListed Account Information is password-protected.
If your personally identifiable information changes you may correct or update it via the SimplyListed website. You may delete or deactivate your account by emailing Customer Support at or by postal mail at the contact information listed below. SimplyListed will respond to your request within 10 business days.
If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact SimplyListed's Support Team at
, or write to:
P.O. Box 194152
San Francisco, CA 94119